What is Monkeypox?
Monkeypox is a rare disease that is caused by infection with the monkeypox virus. this virus belongs to the Orthopoxvirus genus which includes the variola (smallpox) virus as well as the vaccinia virus, which is used in the smallpox vaccine. it is of public health concern because the illness is similar to smallpox and can be spread from infected humans, animals, and materials contaminated with the virus. it is less transmissible and usually less severe than smallpox.
Symptoms of Monkeypox:
- Muscle aches and backache.
- Swollen lymph nodes (“swollen glands”).
- A rash with sores that can look like pimples or blisters. It could be on the face, inside the mouth, and on other parts of the body, like the hands, feet, chest, genitals, or anus. It goes through different stages before healing completely. This can take several weeks.
Sometimes, people get a rash first, followed by other symptoms. Others may only get a rash.
Can be spread through:
- Sexual/intimate contact, including kissing
- Living in a house and sharing a bed with someone
- Sharing towels or unwashed clothing
- Respiratory secretions through prolonged face-to-face interactions (the type that mainly happens when living with someone or caring for someone who has monkeypox)
Cannot spread through:
- Casual brief conversations
- Walking by someone with monkeypox, like in a grocery store
- Avoiding close contact, including sex, with people with symptoms like sores or rashes
- Practicing good hand hygiene
- People who become infected should isolate themselves until their symptoms are improving or have gone away completely. The rash should always be well covered until completely healed.
- Using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) (like a mask, gown, and gloves) when caring for others with symptoms
- Avoiding contact with infected materials contaminated with the virus
- Avoiding contact with infected animals
If you are sick with monkeypox:
- Isolate at home
- If you have an active rash or other symptoms, stay in a separate room or area away from people or pets you live with, when possible.
Monkeypox is a rare disease that is caused by infection with the monkeypox virus. for More Details Visit Inamdar Hospital
INAMDAR MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL – PUNE is an endeavor to alleviate the suffering of patients, by providing the best of healthcare at an optimal cost. A Multispeciality hospital that is centrally located and adorned with state–of–the–art infrastructure and an eminent panel of doctors are in a nutshell what we are all about. A highly sophisticated setup and a panel of super specialists functioning smoothly in a culture of care, commitment, dedication, and concern. Commitment To excellence and giving the patients and attendants, homely and secured facilities ensuring a speedy recovery. We understand the importance of your time. Administering a drug at regular intervals or prompt emergency care, our forte is precise time management which is important in healthcare.