IVF or In-Vitro Fertilization is a procedure through which a woman can conceive a child if she is facing trouble in fertilization naturally. Earlier, IVF was termed “test tube babies,” or babies fertilized outside a mother’s womb. The first ever baby fertilized externally is Louise Brown from England.
How do you prepare for an IVF treatment?
- The quantity and quality of your eggs are tested through blood tests and ultrasounds.
- You and your partner will be tested for sexually transmitted diseases.
- The quality and quantity of semen or male fertility rate are also checked.
- The doctor would scan your uterine cavity through sonohysterography or hysteroscopy.
You need to follow a few steps while preparing for an IVF treatment.
- Estrogen or pills- the doctors often suggest birth control pills regulate your menstrual cycle and restrict the formation of ovarian cysts.
- Ovarian stimulation- this step helps your body to produce numerous matured eggs instead of only one egg, with the help of certain medications.
- Egg recovery- The eggs produced by each ovary are extracted by a suction device and preserved in an incubator under supervision.
- Fertilization- sperm cells are injected into matured eggs to allow fertilization.
- Embryo transfer- once your embryo reaches the blastocyst stage, it is suitable to be transferred to your uterus. There can be two types of embryos: frozen embryos and fresh embryos.
- Pregnancy- once the embryo inserts itself into the lining of the uterus, pregnancy will occur. Blood, urine, or pregnancy will confirm your pregnancy.
Keeping in mind all the positive aspects, there are also some cons related to IVF.
- A premature or underdeveloped baby.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Multiple pregnancies.
With the advent of technology and science, nothing is impossible. Live the life you dreamt about creating your small family! Visit or contact Inamdar Hospital in Pune to find a solution to your conceiving crisis.
INAMDAR MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL – PUNE is an endeavor to alleviate the suffering of patients, by providing the best of healthcare at an optimal cost. A Multispeciality hospital that is centrally located and adorned with state–of–the–art infrastructure and an eminent panel of doctors are in a nutshell what we are all about. A highly sophisticated setup and a panel of super specialists functioning smoothly in a culture of care, commitment, dedication, and concern. Commitment To excellence and giving the patients and attendants, homely and secured facilities ensuring a speedy recovery. We understand the importance of your time. Administering a drug at regular intervals or prompt emergency care, our forte is precise time management which is important in healthcare.