Kids often suffer from Urinary tract infections or UTIs. Bacteria might enter your bladder through the urethra and cause an infection. UTIs can cause several discomforts and pain to your kid. If Your Child is Suffering from The Urinary Tract Infection then you must consult the Best Pediatric Urologist In Pune.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections
- lower abdominal pain
- your child may cry while urinating due to sharp pain.
- Their urine may contain blood and can be of a foul smell
- Frequent urination.
- Unable to hold your pee.
Causes of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary Tract infections (UTIs) are very common in girls since their urethra is shorter in size, and the distance between the urethra and the anus is very close. However, uncircumcised boys may also face UTIs.
- A deformed or blockage in the urinary tract or bladder may cause UTI.
- Poor hygiene
- Pyelonephritis or kidney infection caused by bacteria entering the urethra can pose a serious threat.
- Cystitis or bladder infection is caused when the bacteria reach the bladder.
- A family history of UTI can also lead to this disease.
How is it diagnosed?
Your urine sample is collected by the doctor and sent for urinalysis or urine culture in the laboratory.
UTIs are mainly treated with antibiotics since they kill the bacteria. The doctor may change the dosage or medications after a second urine test. Water or fluids are extremely important while recovering from UTIs. Usually, UTIs go away in a week or two; however, the symptoms might take longer to vanish.
While UTIs are mostly uncertain, you can follow these tips to avoid getting a severe infection.
- Teenagers must avoid nylon undergarments and opt for cotton since they restrict bacterial growth.
- Strong body washes or soaps may cause irritation and infection.
- They should drink tonnes of water and avoid caffeinated drinks.
- Basic toilet hygiene should be taught at an early age to your child.
If you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above in your child, you must immediately visit the doctor. Inamdar hospital in Pune consists of trained Pediatricians who are very experienced in their field and can provide your child with the best treatment. Don’t neglect these symptoms as they might lead to a bigger threat!
INAMDAR MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL – PUNE is an endeavor to alleviate the suffering of patients, by providing the best of healthcare at an optimal cost. A Multispeciality hospital that is centrally located and adorned with state–of–the–art infrastructure and an eminent panel of doctors are in a nutshell what we are all about. A highly sophisticated setup and a panel of super specialists functioning smoothly in a culture of care, commitment, dedication, and concern. Commitment To excellence and giving the patients and attendants, homely and secured facilities ensuring a speedy recovery. We understand the importance of your time. Administering a drug at regular intervals or prompt emergency care, our forte is precise time management which is important in healthcare.